PINA DELLA ROSSA
She was born in Naples in 1961 where she lives and works.
Professor of Design and Art History, photographer and painter; she graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Naples, a pupil of Carlo Alfano and Mimmo Jodice.
Her specific language is to working with images, offering photography as reflection and analysis tool. Her photographic research, which began in the eighties, wants to be a great return to painting. Painting and photography are combined under the compositional profile up to be two inseparable elements, through a relationship of different languages within the same image.
In this regard focuses on the study of color and light, the tonal contrasts, on plans games and the intensity of the details, in order to overcome the physical surface of the painting, to go beyond the photo, to include the dimension of space- thunderstorm. She begins to show her work in 1985 when Mimmo Jodice presents her to the international photographic exhibition to “SICOF” in Milan. She has exhibited in numerous national and international exhibitions and her works are present in public and private institutions, in museums and archives of contemporary art in Italy and abroad.
MUSEO NAZIONALE di Thebes in Grecia; MUSEO ALLOTROPYA, Antikyra, Grecia; MOBIUS Gallery – Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
MUSEAVV, Nizza;MUSEO CAM Casoria Contemporary Art Museum, Casoria-Napoli; AREA24Space,Napoli; 3F FIORILLOARTE, Napoli;SPAZIO 88, Roma; SPAZIO UTOPIA Contemporary Art Galleria, Salerno;GALLERIA DEL CARBONE, Ferrara;TUFANOSTUDIOVENTICINQUE, Milano;THE LONDON BIENNALE, Londra.
Selected recent solo show
– “RIFLESSIONI”- UN CASTELLO ALL’ORIZZONTE – “Il Torchio”- Castello di Postignano, Perugia
– “RI-SCATTO” – Galleria Spazio88, Roma
– PAN (Palazzo delle Arti Napoli) – “DOPO LA BATTAGLIA” – interv di Mimmo Jodice, Napoli
Selected recent group show
2016 – “UN ECO PER TUTTI”, seconda edizione, Biennale PescArart Arti visive, presso il Museo d’Arte Moderna “Vittoria Colonna” di Pescara;
“100³”, STANZA 404 – ARTHOTEL GRAN PARADISO, Sorrento;
– PANORAMA ITALIANO Ex Scuderie Palazzo Ducale – Teramo;
– PANORAMA ITALIANO 1 – CASTELLO NORMANNO di Morano Calabro;
– PANORAMA ITALIANO 1 -MAM Museo delle Arti e dei Mestieri Cosenza;
-ESSENTIA RERUM” – Oasi del WWF, bosco di San Silvestro, San Leucio – Caserta;
– ISIDE E LA WUNDERKAMMER DELLA FERTILITA’, Palazzo Vernazza – Primo Piano Living Gallery – Lecce
– PROJECT BE//CAUSE – Be//cause Art space – Lamezia Terme – Catanzaro
– SETUP Contemporary Art Fair 2016, Bologna
– 3D PROJECT ROOM, Primo Piano LivinGallery, Lecce.
2015- “THEBES SPHINX ART FESTIVAL 2015”, Thebes,Grecia.
complete CV upon demand